Sunday, December 4, 2011

If I remit money from Japan to my Indian salaried a/c and I dont have NRI status, will tax be imposed on this?

If I remit money from Japan to my Indian salaried a/c and my stay in Japan was less than 6months then will tax be imposed on this income in this financial year? Please help. I am a bit tensed on this.


Thank you,


-Rahul.|||no income tax on remittance from Japan


how ever the interest earned on your remittance if exceed more than 1.8 lakhs a year, you need to file the income tax return.


If you don't have NRI account still you still you can send money to your ordinary account, but when you do the remittance keep the receipt of remittance and bank statement in your record. this all in your favor.|||To-Rahul


You may remit 8L no problem as long as the interest earned on that money is less than the Income tax slab no problem. you should have a proof of remmitance. If the dependent is income tax payer he can show this amount in his IT return. Income tax is levied on the income earned in India

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment