Thursday, December 15, 2011

How business proftis outside USA be remitted back to USA after paying local taxes, still taxable in USA?

last year I moved from USA to india to start new business. Since first year is normally for erection and installation of machinery as there was no commecial production, but this year I'm expecting profit after meeting operating expense. Now if I pay the income tax as per local country's rule how should I remitt those profits back to USA so that it may be re-invested in other business in USA or other overseas countreies. Do I have to pay taxes on those profits in USA? how should I get my indian company's operation recognized in USA i.e. having a parent company in USA and branch office in India like that? Since I'm an USA citizen I deifinitely feel more comfortable to report all my earnings including overseas to IRS


so that in future I may have sufficient funds to start a good business or do investment in my own country.|||Your personal income is subject to US tax regardless of where you earn it.





The company's income is potentially a different story. If it is a corporation organized in a foreign country the IRS has no legal authority over it and cannot tax it. The income that YOU are paid by the corporation IS fully taxable in the US. If the corporation makes investments in the US that generate income that income could be taxed by both the foreign country and the US.





As you can see this is potentially a complex issue. Large multi-national corporations have staffs of lawyers and accountants whose sole job is to ensure that the corporate entities are organized in such a way as to legally minimize tax liability in each country where they operate.





You may not be a large multi-national conglomerate -- yet anyway; think big! -- but you still need proper legal and business advice both in the foreign country and in the US. I would suggest that you retain an attorney and a tax expert on both ends and coordinate the organization of your business such to minimize your tax liability to both countries and to ensure that you don't inadvertently break the law on either end.

No comments:

Post a Comment