Monday, December 12, 2011

Christians, when Jesus said, "Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them....?

...... ; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained, was he or was he not giving the apostles the right to remit or retain sins?





If not, why? Please explain your answer.|||I dont think he said anything about sins



Matthew 16: 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.



19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.



20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ





Sins is an assumption you can't make. Since He refers to the gates of hell, he was most probably talking about demons|||Jesus gave His blessing and authority to the 12 Apostles to hear confessions and either forgive them or not. I went to confession once and the priest didn't forgive my sin because I told him that I can't stop committing that sin. He told me to learn self control and once I stop it, come back. I did 4 months later. And he forgave me.|||The conclusion you came to is right,because other Apostolic-era writings support this idea of the highest Church leaders (Apostles/Bishops) having authority to make these judgment decisions

No comments:

Post a Comment