Sunday, December 4, 2011

How do I remit money on Ebay?

I bought an item on ebay and I paid for it immediately through paypal. The problem is that the seller notified me that I needed to pay for additional shipping charges since I live in Alaska. He told me to "remit" the additional charges, so how would I go about doing that through paypal?|||There are three ways and all require your seller's action:


1. The most sensible is for him to refund your payment (he should click on Refund at the bottom of the Transaction Details). He can then send you a new invoice with correct shipping. Good for both of you.


2. He can send you an invoice with the additional shipping and you can pay it (not good for him, he pays two PayPal fees)


3. He can send you his PayPal address and you can submit payment to it (not good for you, trust me).





"Am I suppose to use the "send money" tab on paypal to remit the charges?"


Do you have a new invoice? It seems as though you're doing method 3 above.


If you accidentally send money to a wrong PayPal address, he won't be able to claim it. Ask him to do method 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment